It is an excellent technology which allows the user to move rapidly around a low resolution version of a large image (such as a map) and then to zoom in tosee the details in high resolution.
- Once you have opened a page containing a OpenSeadragon image you have some simple controls (using a mouse or other pointing device) to display what you want to view.
- Place the mouse cursor somewhere in the image window.
- Rotate the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in or zoom out.
- Alternatively a double left click will zoom in.
- Press and hold down the left button to drag image to view the required area.
Operating in ‘full page’ (full screen) mode is recommended to maximise the viewing area.
- Find the the bottom right hand corner of the image window (if necessary scroll down the web page)
- Roll the mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the image window and four icons will appear as shown below
- Click on the right hand icon to go into full page mode.
To exit full page mode go back to the icon and click it again.
- Click the plus [+] icon (or use the mouse scroll wheel) to zoom in.
- Click the plus [-] icon (or use the mouse scroll wheel) to zoom out.
To learn more about OpenSeadragon click here